Animal Assisted Therapy
We offer animal assisted therapy for children, adolescents and adults
Animal Assisted Therapy (AAT) is a type of therapy that involves animals as a form of treatment and has been shown to have a number of positive benefits. Research suggests that animals can be useful in improving individuals social and emotional functioning.
In particular, AAT can have many positive benefits including:
- assisting individuals to develop and understand empathetic responses
- model healthy relationship skills
- develop social skills and appropriate interpersonal responses
- develop self- soothing techniques i.e. relaxation skills, calming techniques
- reduce stress, anxiety and physical ailments
- allow for individuals to develop mindfulness skills i.e. being fully present
Please contact our intake and administrative support team to register your interest today in Animal Assisted Therapy sessions.